Friday, May 25, 2007
The game of tag
I've been tagged by Tinned Tomatoes (its a blogging thing). I always ended up as 'it' in the playground. So here goes.
Seven Random Food Facts
1. At the age of nine I kept a Brussel sprout in my mouth for two hours, eating my pudding (conditional on eating the sprout) with the vegetable hidden in the corner of a cheek. After supper I went to the top of the house and threw the sprout out of the attic window, into the garden.
2. At school I held the record for drinking the most glasses of milk without being sick. (8 glasses,the record remains unbroken)
3. I had coffee with Tony Blair at his home before he became Prime Minister.
4. I can make great Chelsea buns but terrible pastry.
5. My first temping job as a student was to cook for a young schoolmaster who was recovering from a back operation. He was the reason I learnt to cook.
6.When pregnant I consumed oceans of Sushi.
7. One year I stayed up until two in the morning icing the initials of all Alexandra’s classmates onto the top of 32 homemade fairy cakes. The following year, on her birthday, I bought 32 ready decorated cakes from the supermarket and let people think they were homemade.
I now have to "tag" several other people and inflict the urge to list-make on them.
David of Book the Cook, Garrett of Vanilla Garlic, Helen the angry commuter and Professor Adrian Monck you are tagged!