Sunday, December 09, 2007

From P to Q

We are saying goodbye to Plantain, but not before we have printed off the wonderful recipes that we have been sent. Plantain will now be a permanent feature of our family cooking. Take a look at Cynthia Nelson's homage to the plantain on Tastes Like Home.
And Siri's Corner sent us this plantain curry recipe to try out. Thank you Srilatha.
Our next stop is Q. Because the letter Q is not blessed with vegetables, we will be featuring Quick recipes that use vegetables - simple real food, made fast.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I have been lurking around reading your blog for a couple of weeks now and have been loving it! I have forwarded it to all my friends in New Zealand who have children who aren't so keen on vegetables! Hopefully, when you get to "S" you will stop at Sweet Potato, so I can give you some recipes for Kumara (a sweet potato native to New Zealand). It goes really well with lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:06 PM

    This is a really quick recipe, and my husband and I really like it. It features a vegetable (greens) and a Q food (quinoa). The sauce is yummy.

    http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/9252?section=

    I make it frequently, but I can't recall if I've ever actually used swiss chard. I just use whatever greens I have; I know I've used spinach, kale, collards, and a mix of greens before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!..;).. So, I am off to send some quick veggie recipes!

    ~ Siri

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quickest one I know is
    1) take one tin of tomatoes
    2) heat and stir in pesto/herbs/whatever
    3) blitz
    4) serve tomato soup with a swirl of yoghurt

    ReplyDelete

We always love to read your comments - thank you