Wednesday, March 07, 2007

C is for Carrot cake with polenta


We had to do Carrot Cake. Though I know some of you feel that cake is a cheat's way of eating vegetables. I half agree but there are some classic vegetable cake recipes and this is one of them. And for some children I think its probably better to humour them into eating vegetables gently. There are thousands of recipes out there - I adapted this recipe by adding half a cup of polenta to the recipe which gave it a little texture and a lovely slightly crunchy outside. I also added a little crushed pineapple.
Obviously its no great achievement for Freddie to have loved this recipe - hardly a challenge. But its my attempt at aversion therapy. The more exposure to vegetables, the less hysteria!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to read your comments - thank you