Sunday, March 04, 2007

Crecy - well known for the quality of its carrots

Potage Crecy

Well this is our first carrot recipe. Potage Crecy. It says in the recipe that there are two "Crecy" towns in France and they are well known for the quality of its carrots. How nice to be well known for something as wholesome as that. I can't imagine what people would write about where we live in London - an area known perhaps for the skill of its car thieves, or the impressive frequency with which dogs foul the pavements. Oh to be in Crecy! The least I can do is to recreate a little bit of rural France in my urban kitchen. There are various recipes for Potage Crecy. This one has rice added and is delicious. Freddie is lurking over my shoulder as I type and says that since its his blog its nine out of ten. Which isn't a gold medal but for someone who professes to hate carrots its pretty good. And given that we are not in an area known for the quality of its carrots, I'm quite proud.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    I'm not a huge carrot fan--they're just okay to me--but I tried a semi-recipe for them last night that was pretty wonderful. You can see it here: http://www.danandsally.com/?p=891

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:33 AM

    Sally - thank you so much for your commments and the link.
    Freddie is changing so much in his attitude to food - a sense of adventure is setting in - if any of you out there are parents, try the greatbigvegchallenge and see if the journey is one your children would like to join.

    ReplyDelete

We always love to read your comments - thank you